Wow, it’s day 4 already, I can’t believe I’ve made this far, gotta say I’m really proud of myself. For today’s entry I ditched the cartoony style of the last couple of entries and tried a more realistic and exageraed approach, wanted to give it sort of a comic book feel, but I’m not sure if I’ve succeeded.
For the last previous tries I used a ZSphere structure as a base mesh, and while it did the trick, the polygon density was all messed up. As it can be seen in the animated gifs there are far more polygons on the shoulders than on the face, where it matters the most. So I tried making my own basemesh, and while it’s not perfect it worked a lot better.
Edit: Had to put one more picture of it cause I think it looks badass and that grey material I chose doesn’t really do it justice. Screw you MatCap_Grey, I’m never using you again! 😦
Edit #2: That’s not the deafault MatCap_Gret material, but a M_Grey matcap I found somewhere around the internet. Maybe it’s a default material too, but I’m so used to using 3rd party materials I just don’t know anymore.